Female Captain

Cast your vote in the polls.

Do u think the public feel just as safe with female pilots?

Absolutely.... no difference!
79%
Still a little apprehension felt..but getting better
16%
Very apparent that ppl show a lot of concern
5%

Total votes : 75

Female Captain

Postby girlpilot » Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:41 pm

:?: Do you think the general public feels just as safe with a female pilot as they would with a male? :?:
girlpilot

Postby John Tavendale » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:23 pm

Shouldn't be any sort of apprehension. Every person who is up front is suitibly qualified and wouldn't be there if it was thought otherwise.. :)
Cheers

John.

.:Jetphotos.net Collection .:. Airliners.net Collection:.

Next Trip:

To the bus stop to shoot some new exclusive rego's
John Tavendale

Postby Rhys D » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:11 pm

Shouldn't be any sort of apprehension. Every person who is up front is suitibly qualified and wouldn't be there if it was thought otherwise..

Have you seen some of the KE landing into Kai Tak/HKG...

I have flowen with a number of female pilots and are just as good if not better then some males i have flown with.
Last edited by Rhys D on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhys D

Postby Mike B » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:12 pm

It makes me stand back and look :)
As i dont see it very often, but goodluck to them!

like John said, they are just as qualified :D
Mike B
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby James Montgomery » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:39 pm

absolutley no difference at all,
James Montgomery

Postby Carsten Bauer » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:59 am

Stupid and pointless poll really.
We all know the woman belongs back in the kitchen, and shouldn't worry herself about silly flying stuff. *grins, ducks and runs*

Just kidding of course... we have only a small handful of female pilots at NJS, but I'm all for equal numbers of male and female pilots.

One pilot in particular used to be a 146 captain and she is now a Dash8 captain, very skilled and highly professional....
3NM W of PH VOR
Next Flights:
2013 FLIGHTS: PER-DXB-LHR, MUC-DXB-PER
Numloxx's Flightlog
jetphotos.net
Carsten Bauer
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Alex G » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:51 pm

for those that are interested in flying, we all have some form of idea what goes on.
like JT and others mentioned, every pilot is suitably qualified, and it really makes no difference whether they are male or female or of different ethnicity to you. you get good and 'not as good' pilots no matter what.

its the general public that "just fly to get somewhere" that could feel apprehensive about a female pilot. this is simply because being a pilot has always been male-dominated, and a change from whats 'normal' or what your accustomed to is cause for concern.

i know a couple of female pilots and they rip all over some of the blokes i know!
Unemployed - HOME !!

Missing SolBrew....
Alex G

Postby Captain Poltroon » Sun May 01, 2005 12:01 pm

One of my instructors was a pretty young girl who is now the CFI at North Qld Aero Club Cairns. Hello Sally. I felt safer with her than with my other few male instructors during my training.

These days, manual strength is not required in the cockpit (no one could keep a renogade fly by wire modern aircraft under controll). So of course ... go to it girls .... flyyyyy :D
Captain Poltroon

Postby Simpleboy » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:38 pm

I think its a pleasant change to what is normally a male dominated position.
Simpleboy

Postby Graham Mc » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:57 pm

I flew into Denver at the beginning of a lightning and thunder storm and the tiny female captain flew between the weather and got us in with a smooth landing and they closed the airport after us as it was too bad for other aircraft to fly into.
Graham Mc

Postby B Nash » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:52 pm

I remember the first time I flew with a female captain, it certainly shocked me, as the stereotype is a pilot is a male.

Its certainly a good thing that females are also in the skies, and there is absolutely no difference.
B Nash

Postby M Ken » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:37 pm

Wouldnt think twice if a women was driving a car so same goes with an aeroplane.Only problem I have is that women shouldnt be allowed to fly military aircraft in a combat zone,I shudder to think of the events if a women had to eject over hostile territory and was captured.Its bad enough that it happens to men but for a female I think the risk is too great for not only the them themselves but for the public to come to terms with it.There is no question of a females ability to pilot high performance jets and be an equal to a male but not in combat.I couldnt be more happier if my daughter was to become fast jet pilot but would have a bee in my bonnet about sending her to fly combat missions in Iraq.Bit off the subject but thats what I thought anyway.What does anyone else think?
M Ken

Postby Matthew Hogg » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:45 pm

I personally am fine with female captains, but i think that other people are sceptical about it
Matthew HOGG
Matthew Hogg

Postby sixtiesrelic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:12 pm

I knew two of the first three female airline pilots in Australia and the were better pilots than many of us who were senior to them.
They were only first officers at the time but I was happy to have my family fly with them as they had to overcome a huge amount of discrimination to get there and they REALLY proved themselves.
My hat is off to Deborah and Mary where ever they are; they forged the path for the rest.
sixtiesrelic

Postby B Nash » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:04 pm

I dunno how gender makes a pilot. Its not as if its a strength thing....
B Nash

Next

Return to Opinion Polls