13%
What's a Krispy Kreme?
10%

Total votes : 30

Postby Frank Powers » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:13 pm

Grant Smith wrote:
Tim Dwyer wrote:Encourage and support breastfeeding

Everything in moderation Tim ;)

as for KK... Where's the spew emoticon? They have to be the single worst sugar hit available... I think the 4 odd teaspoons of raw sugar would taste better...

*cringes*

Nothing wrong with slurping on a great tit.

Wonder how sweet it'd be though if the woman ate alot of KK's? Probably like sweetened condensed milk.

What is the deal with people taking heap of boxes of KK's on flights from MEL/SYD? Can people really not go with out that Sh#t?

No wonder why Australia was full of fatties when I came (not like a few years ago, you were 'fit'). Plumpers now.

Just to clear it up, I don't mean Woman - I mean Australia on a whole seems to have become 'volumetrically challenged'
Last edited by Frank Powers on Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A person is first and foremost an animal moving about on a planet shining in the sun. Whatever else he is, is built on this."

Ernest Becker
Frank Powers

Postby Lisa W » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:31 am

Frank Powers wrote:
Grant Smith wrote:
Tim Dwyer wrote:Encourage and support breastfeeding

Everything in moderation Tim ;)

as for KK... Where's the spew emoticon? They have to be the single worst sugar hit available... I think the 4 odd teaspoons of raw sugar would taste better...

*cringes*

Wonder how sweet it'd be though if the woman ate alot of KK's? Probably like sweetened condensed milk.

What is the deal with people taking heap of boxes of KK's on flights from MEL/SYD? Can people really not go with out that Sh#t?

No wonder why Australia was full of fatties when I came (not like a few years ago, you were 'fit'). Plumpers now.

Gee whiz, Frank. Are you this offensive in real life too?
Lisa W

Postby Frank Powers » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Lisa W wrote:Gee whiz, Frank. Are you this offensive in real life too?

I try my best
"A person is first and foremost an animal moving about on a planet shining in the sun. Whatever else he is, is built on this."

Ernest Becker
Frank Powers

Postby Col Kelly » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Frank Powers wrote:

What are you? A child?
Col Kelly

Postby Frank Powers » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Col Kelly wrote:
Frank Powers wrote:

What are you? A child?

While worded immaturely, it is a valid point. Remembering, you are what you eat.

Ernest Becker
Frank Powers

Postby Lisa W » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:35 pm

Just to clear it up, I don't mean Woman - I mean Australia on a whole seems to have become 'volumetrically challenged'

Just saw the edit you made - why on earth would anyone think you only meant women? And do you think your edit makes your post any less offensive?

While worded immaturely, it is a valid point. Remembering, you are what you eat.[/quote]

As for this, I don't see how it is a valid point. It lends itself more towards the ridiculous. If you had a genuine interest in the topic, Google would probably be a more appropriate avenue in your quest for knowledge.
Lisa W

Postby Frank Powers » Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:11 pm

Lisa W wrote:Just to clear it up, I don't mean Woman - I mean Australia on a whole seems to have become 'volumetrically challenged'

Just saw the edit you made - why on earth would anyone think you only meant women? And do you think your edit makes your post any less offensive?

While worded immaturely, it is a valid point. Remembering, you are what you eat.

As for this, I don't see how it is a valid point. It lends itself more towards the ridiculous. If you had a genuine interest in the topic, Google would probably be a more appropriate avenue in your quest for knowledge.[/quote]

Terms used are generally used for woman, but I didn't mean it that way. Its not intended to make it less offensive but to make it at least equally so.

How you don't think its a valid point is beyond me. I believe that alcohol and drugs can be passed through breast milk, so is there any reason why eating or drinking large quantities of something can't change the taste and nutritional value? (and seeing as how people were commenting on the very high levels of sugar, and the amount people seem to be eating)

And I don't have a great interest in this, but a fleeting moment of wonder.

Did you know some farmers feed small sets of stock particular foods in large quantities to flavour the meat?

Ernest Becker
Frank Powers

Postby Dennis McGroarty » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:34 pm

KK 50% Sugar 50% Fat and Sugar converts to fat so you could say 100% fat
:lol:

Dennis McGroarty
Dennis McGroarty

Postby Nigel S » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Not overrated as regards taste but deffo overpriced.
Nigel S

Postby mickk » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:42 pm

When I heard of people actually queuing for 2 hours outside one of these stores, and that people, well idiots actually, present these to other idiots as a token of esteem, having purchased then from an airport, as some kind of status symbol.....

I wept for my Country.
mickk

Re: Are Krispy Kremes overrated?

Postby Aaron B » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:04 am

Had to laugh reading through these. Reminds me of a funny thing I remember. I travel frequently between Perth and Melbourne and Perth and Adelaide. I see morons all the time bringing bags of these on the plane in Melbourne for the flight back to Perth. I remember a lady coming onto the place in Melbourne for our flight back to Perth. She had 2 bags of the donuts and she took so long placing them on the overhead locker, rearranging everyone elses luggage already in there so that her precious cargo would not be damaged. During the flight there must have been some turbulence as most of the bags in the overhead locker had slightly shifted and changed position. When we landed I opened the locker above my head and my bag had come down over her 2 bags and crushed them. I swear she looked like she was going to start bubbling like a baby, she looked completely gutted. I just took my bag off her 2 crushed bags and walked off and I remember the look on her face. She looked at me with daggers as if it was my fault. I just smiled.
Aaron B

Re: Are Krispy Kremes overrated?

Postby Kyle M » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Great story Aaron B
Upcoming Flights:
None at Present
767 Spotter
facebook.com/767spotter
Kyle M

Previous

Return to Opinion Polls