Photos posted in Noteworthy Movements

Suggestions to improve Jetspotter.com

Photos posted in Noteworthy Movements

Postby wayne b » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:15 pm

I would like to make a suggestion that if any one has photos that relate to a noteworthy movement that a link is provided so that for those who wish to see them, then they can click and view. That way it does not slow down or use up usage for those using mobile data.
At the very least restrict the photo size.
Mabe have a section in Jetspotters for people to post photo's

Wayne
wayne b

Re: Photos posted in Noteworthy Movements

Postby paul.f » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:49 pm

wayne b wrote:I would like to make a suggestion that if any one has photos that relate to a noteworthy movement that a link is provided so that for those who wish to see them, then they can click and view. That way it does not slow down or use up usage for those using mobile data.
At the very least restrict the photo size.
Mabe have a section in Jetspotters for people to post photo's

Wayne
There is already a size limit on the photos that can be posted anyway,i dont think it fair that the size of photo has be reduced more or a link attached because someone whats to view photos on there i phone etc.
http:://www.abpic.co.uk/
paul.f
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby wayne b » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi Paul

I think you are missing the point I am trying to make
With what I said in my post was that you should have a option if you whant to see the photos or not, and not load as soon as you open the topic.
At the moment you get them like it or not.
By having a link it would still allow those who wish to show their photo's the chance to do it. Just not on the Movement page

To me Noteworth Movements is about fellow members posting information not as a place to display photos.

Wayne
wayne b

Postby Chris Thurtell » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:19 pm

Have you tried turning off image downloads in the browser? (assuming you can on the mobile version)

Personally I have no problem with the images in threads either way and I do use my mobile a lot on this forum.
Chris Thurtell

Postby paul.f » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:43 am

wayne b wrote:Hi Paul

With what I said in my post was that you should have a option if you whant to see the photos or not, and not load as soon as you open the topic.
By having a link it would still allow those who wish to show their photo's the chance to do it. Just not on the Movement page

To me Noteworth Movements is about fellow members posting information not as a place to display photos.

Wayne
To have a link i would have to set a photo account with Photobucket etc and i dont want to do that.But seeing some members dont like some of us posting photos, i will no longer post any more photos or movements info etc.
paul.f
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Martin Hanley » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:04 pm

wayne b wrote:Hi Paul

Wayne

Well you just make your not the spoonfed baby requesting pictures in the future.
My first shift back is on 12th out of Melbourne to Changi I think, i'll have to check again but it will be either on the LHR run on LA. bwhahahahahaha Im now LOLing more like on Holidays from your tip truck driving job

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=31267
Martin Hanley
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Postby wayne b » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Martin
Please Explian your comment - not sure what you are trying to say.
Are you implying that I am a spoonfed baby?

"Well you just make your not the spoonfed baby requesting pictures in the future.[/quote]"

Wayne
wayne b

Postby Stefan J Perkas » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:50 pm

wayne b wrote:Martin

"Well you just make your not the spoonfed baby requesting pictures in the future.
"

Wayne[/quote]

I think what is meant ot be said is.

"Well you just make your not one of the spoonfed babies requesting pictures in the future".

Basically what he is trying to say is if a noteworthy movement came into any airport in Aus, you better not be the one asking for a photo to be posted. I stand corrected on that meaning Marty, but that is how I undrstood it.
Last edited by Stefan J Perkas on Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stefan J Perkas
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Postby paul.f » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:44 pm

wayne b wrote:

Wayne
Wayne i ONLY posted photos for the benefit of members who didnt live in Melb or cant get out to the airport not to show off my photos,if i wanted to do that i would have posted them on Jetsphotos,Airliners with a link on this forum.
paul.f
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Stefan J Perkas » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:53 pm

paul.f wrote:
wayne b wrote:

Wayne
Wayne i ONLY posted photos for the benefit of members who didnt live in Melb or cant get out to the airport not to show off my photos,if i wanted to do that i would have posted them on Jetsphotos,Airliners with a link on this forum.

Same here Paul. That is th only reason why i post pics. is to show members who live in other states what is happening in Adelaide.
Stefan J Perkas
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Postby Chris Thurtell » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Don't stop posting the pics please guys, I'm sure a lot of people would be dissapointed if you did.
Chris Thurtell

Postby Beau Chenery » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:46 am

Guys,

With high bandwidth and relatively quick internet speeds we won't be policing images in posts. I would like to continue to see users post photos in posts I personally like it however if we could make the images to an 800x600 size it might clutter the screen a little less that would be appreciated.

Cheers
Beau
Upcoming Flights
Apr 18 BNE-SYD QFA8 B744

My Jetphotos!
Beau Chenery

Postby Martin Hanley » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Stefan J Perkas wrote:
wayne b wrote:Martin

"Well you just make your not the spoonfed baby requesting pictures in the future.
"

Wayne

I think what is meant ot be said is.

"Well you just make your not one of the spoonfed babies requesting pictures in the future".

Basically what he is trying to say is if a noteworthy movement came into any airport in Aus, you better not be the one asking for a photo to be posted. I stand corrected on that meaning Marty, but that is how I undrstood it.[/quote]

Correct.

Wayne dont see a noteworthy movement and then say can someone provide a picture (like we know other lazy spoon fed freaks on this forum do) Im not implying your a spoonfed baby, apologies if that how it came across.
My first shift back is on 12th out of Melbourne to Changi I think, i'll have to check again but it will be either on the LHR run on LA. bwhahahahahaha Im now LOLing more like on Holidays from your tip truck driving job

Martin Hanley
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Postby wayne b » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 pm

When I posted the thread I thought that it was the correct way to see what other members idea's were on the subject.
Not suprised with some of the replies.

You will see that I did not say that photos must be stopped, I gave 3 ways that in my opinion may improve the site.
The way that Stefan and Paul F post with a small size photo, which can be enlarged would possible be the type of thing that is best suited.
Nor do I think that they are grand standing in any way.
They also relate to what I would refer to as Ture Noteworthy Movement. Thanks Guys keep it up

In contrast to the above look at the Brisbane noteworthy movements on Saturday
3 Photos of a 744, that has been well documented in the past, plus a regular doing a extra flight, and a fly over.
Text in my opinion would have been sufficient to refer to these movements, if you could consider them noteworthy.
And post the photos somewhere away from the movement page, if you want to show this type of photo.
In my opinion there is more and more of this type of thing creeping into Jetspotters over the last few years.

So while the page is current and I wish to check a new posting I have to wait for the page to load due to content.
I agree with Beau, there is good broadband out there but my issue is when using 3G connections, which is becoming a lot more common these days
I find that as I have access to both of the larger networks there are a lot of places that the signal is not the best, so very slow loading
(yes i know I should be under a tower eveytime, but not possible all the time)

Keep in mind that I was seeking opinion only for the noteworthy movements pages.
I accept that the others pages may and will have large photos and best looked at with home broadband.

Now that the mod has spoken, thanks Beau, while I am dispointed that as quoted "With high bandwidth and relatively quick internet speeds we won't be policing images in posts.", is in place I will accept the ruling and that I will adjust/restrict my use of Jetspotters while mobile.

Wayne

ps Thanks Marty - no offence taken
wayne b

Postby Martin Hanley » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:57 pm

wayne b wrote:
In contrast to the above look at the Brisbane noteworthy movements on Saturday
3 Photos of a 744, that has been well documented in the past, plus a regular doing a extra flight, and a fly over.
Text in my opinion would have been sufficient to refer to these movements, if you could consider them noteworthy.
And post the photos somewhere away from the movement page, if you want to show this type of photo.
In my opinion there is more and more of this type of thing creeping into Jetspotters over the last few years.

Totally agree, OJS has been flying around like that for around four months, not overly noteworthy, but for unique business jets and things like that then I think the pictures are good.

ps Thanks Marty - no offence taken

No dramas guess I like many others are over the spoon feeding on here.

Martin Hanley
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Return to Suggestion Box