Jetspotters ID card

Suggestions to improve Jetspotter.com

Jetspotters ID card

Postby Brendan B » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:55 pm

Hi Guys and Happy Easter

I've been thinking for a while, has any one ever thought of coming up with some kind of ID card that the AFP or airport security will accept when we get pulled up for questioning at the airport whilst spotting and taking photos. This has happened to me at both Brisbane and Coolangatta, and I thought wouldn't it be nice to show an ID card and they go " OH OK no problems" it would save them time, and us having to explain ourselves. ANY THOUGHTS!!
Regards
Brendan
Brendan B

Postby Raymond S » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:13 pm

Happy Easter to Brenden and everyone .

I have wondered myself before if we did have an ID system in place or not to help and assist while out spotting or in an airport etc But I do like the idea of it and hopefully it will come to some results .
Raymond S

Postby Ashok Monks » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:20 pm

I Believe Melbournes already got something like this...

You should ask somebody in the (MAS)Melbourne Aviation Society they'll be able to tell you...

Ashok
Ashok Monks

Postby Andrew G » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:31 pm

Yes he ID card sounds great!
Andrew G

Postby Oliver Gigacz » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:24 am

Ashok Monks wrote:I Believe Melbournes already got something like this...

You should ask somebody in the (MAS)Melbourne Aviation Society they'll be able to tell you...

Ashok

Do you have a link for there website?
Editor of A350Production:
http://A350Production.com

Flown
AIB: 320 (200), 330 (200,300), 340 (200), 380 (800)
ATR: 72 (500)
BOE: 717, 737 (300,400,700,800), 747 (400), 767 (300), 777 (300), 787 (8)
DHC: DH3, DH4
EMB: E70, E90
FKR: F100
Oliver Gigacz
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Brendan V » Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:46 am

There is no website at the moment Oliver, but if you send me an email i may be able to help yuo with your inquiries.
My Airliners Photos Updated 17/08
Brendan V

Postby Steve Osgood » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:49 pm

:idea:
Last edited by Steve Osgood on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Osgood

Postby Brendan B » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:27 am

Hi Steve
I agree with you Steve; I'm the one who started this thread back in April last year; and yet nothing has been done about it. I; along with many other people I have spoken to have been approached by the fed's at some time or another, and having a card that is reconised and accepted by the federal and local police "AUSTRALIA WIDE" would be great.
Regards
Brendan
Brendan B

Postby Brendan V » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:12 am

I was involved in setting up the spotters ID card in Melbourne a couple of years ago. That group was only 25-30 people and the requirements for setting up that small group were pretty high. The only reason that the ID was eventually given the go ahead was the long standing relationship that the group had with the airport. Knowing the amount of hours that were put in by various people just to get 25-30 ID's would rule out applying the same sort of scheme nationally.

While the feds were pretty supportive of the scheme, they at no time wanted to actually be involved in the issuing of such cards. This all had to be done by the airport. To get a scheme like this happening for this board, would involve considerable time and expense to have the admin of the board attend meetings with airport officials in each and every state where the card is to be recognized. As running of this board relies on donations, it would mean the cost of these meeting being covered by users of the board, something I'm sure not a lot of people out there are willing to fork out $$$ for.

The other main thing that schemes like this require (the one previously in Melbourne and the one in Perth) is that there is a contact for the authorities to reach in case they have an issue with the way that these cards are being used or the people that are using them. Being able to work through whatever issues the authorities are having usually relies on the contact person knowing the airport and the people involved in the incident. This wouldn't be possible under a "jetspotter organized" scheme given that we have never met the majority of users on this board and that there are those out there that aren't using their real names on the board.

In reality, the only way schemes like this work, is when they are organized by local spotting groups who have direct contact with local airport authorities. If anyone is passionate about setting up a spotters card, then they should get in contact with their local group and offer to help them set up such scheme.
My Airliners Photos Updated 17/08
Brendan V

Postby Steve Osgood » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:09 pm

Last edited by Steve Osgood on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steve Osgood

Postby Johnathon N » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:29 pm

Why not start a Nationwide organisation and somehow become governemnt recognised, and do it that way. Sort of like the CASA but for Spotters :P
Listen to SkyBlue Radio!
www.skyblueradio.com
Johnathon N

Postby Steve Osgood » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:13 am

Steve Osgood

Security Card

Postby John Roe » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:30 pm

In Perth, I have contasted the West Australia Airports and Casa, and they are not the slightest bit interested about we spotters, we go to the only car park spot we can and then they not too rapped about it but normally leave us alone, Perth is designed in such a way, there are only 2 little spots we can go to,all the rest is built out with buildings..I was told that when they re build the new terminals, they would take on board any comments or suggestions from Spotters, I bet they do not even then,,care..
~ Perth High Flyers now locted at http://theaussieaviator.net/forumdisplay.php?f=71
~ John Roe ~
John Roe
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Return to Suggestion Box