Yeah...what is moderation policy by the way?

Suggestions to improve Jetspotter.com

Yeah...what is moderation policy by the way?

Postby Peter JB » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:22 am

Mr Moderator,

You locked the previous topic Moderation Policy because I assume due to the last few posts, particularly Grant, getting down and dirty with his penchant to want to tick people off for their grammar and spelling etc. Yet in another topic, Martin Handley and I exchanged a couple of light-hearted digs at Sunshine and Sunbury, and you have completely removed them!

Now where is the equality in that? In one topic you lock it and leave it there while the other is completely butchered and extremely soft and inoffensive comments are removed.

This forum is nowhere near the Sydney one that is often full of rubbish and irrelevant rantings by many of it's members.
Peter JB

Postby Rick Bryan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:42 am

I agree mate. Shithouse.
Rick Bryan

Postby Lukas M » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:47 am

Mabye we should take this moderator to Sunshine :lol:
"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."
Lukas M

Postby Rick Bryan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:51 am

Lukas Mahoney wrote:Mabye we should take this moderator to Sunshine :lol:

:lol:

I think a great deal of bedwetter.com could do with a little sunshine.
Rick Bryan

Re: Yeah...what is moderation policy by the way?

Postby Brendan V » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:37 am

The previous moderation topic was locked as it didn't seem as though it had far to run anyway. The rubbish regarding suburb names was not only off topic for an aviation forum, but clogging up a topic which had potential to continue with more information. For this reason it was removed entirely.
My Airliners Photos Updated 17/08
Brendan V

Postby Rick Bryan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:32 am

I think the point Brendan is questioning the modus operandi. Removing posts instead of posting an appropriate guiding response may be considered by some to be somewhat offensive, arrogant and autocratic. Some of us enjoy our aviation served a little chilled, not frozen.
Rick Bryan

Postby Col Kelly » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:38 pm

Rick Bryan wrote:

I think a great deal of bedwetter.com could do with a little sunshine.

Col Kelly

Postby Brendan V » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:05 pm

Rick Bryan wrote:I think the point Brendan is questioning the modus operandi. Removing posts instead of posting an appropriate guiding response may be considered by some to be somewhat offensive, arrogant and autocratic. Some of us enjoy our aviation served a little chilled, not frozen.

What do these posts do for a topic other than mean users have to trawl through a pile of off topic posts to find the relevant information? While there is a time and a place for off topic banter on these boards, it was deemed by moderators that this topic was not one of those places.
Brendan V

Postby Rick Bryan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:04 pm

Brendan V wrote:What do these posts do for a topic other than mean users have to trawl through a pile of off topic posts to find the relevant information?

Read back Brendan. I questioned the M.O. If the mod concerned felt the need to remove posts then they should show the community a little respect and explain why. If you feel that autocratic moderation is sufficient then I can only conclude that the moderator concerned has poor social skills or a Sh#t attitude.
Rick Bryan

Postby Brian Wilkes » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:34 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Brian Wilkes
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Brendan V » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:44 pm

Rick Bryan wrote:If the mod concerned felt the need to remove posts then they should show the community a little respect and explain why. If you feel that autocratic moderation is sufficient then I can only conclude that the moderator concerned has poor social skills or a Sh#t attitude.

Can i refer you to the terms and conditions of the site you agreed to when you signed up:

4.1 You acknowledge and agree that the Moderators, as providers of the Board service, reserve any and all rights to censor, block, edit, delete, re-position or otherwise alter Messages originated by You on the Board, without notice to You, at any time.

The moderators spend enough of their time going through the days posts and moderating as they see fit, it is not up to them to then have to explain why they have done so on every occasion, especially when so many posts are from repeat offenders. If anyone feels at any time that they are deserving of an explanation as to why a post was removed, please feel free to contact a moderator or admin to discuss.
Brendan V

Postby Lisa W » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:06 pm

The moderators spend enough of their time going through the days posts and moderating as they see fit, it is not up to them to then have to explain why they have done so on every occasion, especially when so many posts are from repeat offenders. If anyone feels at any time that they are deserving of an explanation as to why a post was removed, please feel free to contact a moderator or admin to discuss.

Hear hear. This is a forum for discussing aviation and aviation related topics. If you want to have petty little digs at each other or at other sites, go find a sandbox to play in, or better yet, create a thread that deals with the whinging. As far as I have read, there are some who are wasting the moderators' time by including posts that are so obviously off the thread topic or in non-compliance with the terms and conditions that I know I read when signing up. :evil: Oh, and have a nice week :)
Lisa W

Postby Rick Bryan » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Lisa W wrote:Hear hear. This is a forum for discussing aviation and aviation related topics. If you want to have petty little digs at each other or at other sites, go find a sandbox to play in, or better yet, create a thread that deals with the whinging. As far as I have read, there are some who are wasting the moderators' time by including posts that are so obviously off the thread topic or in non-compliance with the terms and conditions that I know I read when signing up. :evil: Oh, and have a nice week :)

Your boss must love you but I think someone needs a hug! Come on... move closer don't be afraid... :wink:
Rick Bryan

Re: Yeah...what is moderation policy by the way?

Postby Peter JB » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Brendan V wrote:The previous moderation topic was locked as it didn't seem as though it had far to run anyway. The rubbish regarding suburb names was not only off topic for an aviation forum, but clogging up a topic which had potential to continue with more information. For this reason it was removed entirely.

Beg to differ...how can you tell if it "didn't have long to run anyway"? I don't buy that Brendan. If you call the suburb bit rubbish then so is the crap Grant went on about and you chose to lock it....by your definition, it too had reached the rubbish stage and should also have been removed.

Having said all this I guess you would now be justified in reaching the conclusion that this topic has run it's course too, so please lock it.

:wink:
Peter JB

Postby B Nash » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:31 am

This forum is the worst I've been on for moderation. Simple.

This topic is heading for a locking because you are questioning these moderators, who couldn't do a decent job if their life depended on it.

/Rant
B Nash

Next

Return to Suggestion Box