ADL close to securing more international flights

Aircraft Information, Arrivals & Departures

Re: ADL close to securing more international flights

Postby MichaelC » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:33 pm

NigelK wrote:It looks like Jetstar is temporarily upping the number of flights to Bali with an extra 3 return flights each week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays over the next 3 months starting today. JQ131/132 becomes the flight number for the second flight of the day on those 3 days. This would make it 10 return flights each week if I have got my sums right. The new flights are morning departure and afternoon return which is much nicer than that horrendous overnight flight home. And on the days where there is only one flight, it looks like this one has been re-timed to morning departure. Not sure what's happening after September 30, anyone seen any announcement?

I didn't see any announcements on this, but its good to see an increase and good pick up Nigel - thanks for sharing the info.
Cheers,
Michael
MichaelC

Postby Stefan J Perkas » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:25 pm

MichaelC wrote:
NigelK wrote:It looks like Jetstar is temporarily upping the number of flights to Bali with an extra 3 return flights each week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays over the next 3 months starting today. JQ131/132 becomes the flight number for the second flight of the day on those 3 days. This would make it 10 return flights each week if I have got my sums right. The new flights are morning departure and afternoon return which is much nicer than that horrendous overnight flight home. And on the days where there is only one flight, it looks like this one has been re-timed to morning departure. Not sure what's happening after September 30, anyone seen any announcement?

I didn't see any announcements on this, but its good to see an increase and good pick up Nigel - thanks for sharing the info.
Cheers,
Michael

There was no announcements on this. The flights just appeared in the booking engine. I would imagine the flights will continue into the summer months, maybe the new schedules have not been loaded into the system yet.
Stefan J Perkas
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Postby Stefan J Perkas » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:14 pm

Afternoon all,

China Southern will increase to 5x weekly from December to February. http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/air ... e-in-nw17/

Jetstar also announced reseumption Adelaide-Hobart starting from November.
Stefan J Perkas
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Postby Stefan J Perkas » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:39 am

Air New Zealand will continue to operate B787-9's to Adelaide year round from 2018. A320's will also be used during peak periods
Stefan J Perkas
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Postby NigelK » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Looks like Malaysia Airlines is upping its Adelaide schedule from June with a 5th weekly flight, no word on what day that will be yet.

Source: https://centreforaviation.com/insights/ ... uts-392959

"Malaysia Airlines has also unveiled plans to add a fifth weekly frequency from Adelaide, and to expand Kuala-Lumpur-Perth from seven to 12 weekly frequencies. The additional flight to Adelaide will be introduced in Jun-2018"
NigelK

Postby Stefan J Perkas » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:57 pm

NigelK wrote:Looks like Malaysia Airlines is upping its Adelaide schedule from June with a 5th weekly flight, no word on what day that will be yet.

Source: https://centreforaviation.com/insights/ ... uts-392959

"Malaysia Airlines has also unveiled plans to add a fifth weekly frequency from Adelaide, and to expand Kuala-Lumpur-Perth from seven to 12 weekly frequencies. The additional flight to Adelaide will be introduced in Jun-2018"

Extra day is Monday. However the 5th flight only operating from July-September 2018
Stefan J Perkas
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Postby NigelK » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:13 pm

It's been reported in a few places that Cathay Pacific is adding an extra flight per week to Adelaide from October, making it six flights a week.

And timing will also change with the introduction of a split schedule.

Source: http://australianaviation.com.au/2018/04/cathay-pacific-to-add-sixth-adelaide-flight/
NigelK

Previous

Return to Adelaide