Avalon Airshow 2017

Aircraft Information, Arrivals & Departures.

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Cameron Reynolds » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32 pm

dougal_s wrote:
Cameron Reynolds wrote:Also US Army AH-64E Apache Flying


Is this definite? I don't see this announced anywhere? It would be fantastic if so...

I do note the official site says United States Air Force, Navy, Army and Marine Corps...but the aircraft shown are only Air Force and Navy. Could be a typo...just seems odd...unless there is still more to come...


https://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2017/ ... rcraft.asp
Boeing 737-400 - 737-700 737-800 767-300 -747-400 - 787-800 Dreamliner
Airbus A320-200
Warbirds CA25 Winjeel Nangchang CJ6
Cameron Reynolds
Member
Member
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Geelong Victoria

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby dougal_s » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Cameron Reynolds wrote:
dougal_s wrote:
Cameron Reynolds wrote:Also US Army AH-64E Apache Flying


Is this definite? I don't see this announced anywhere? It would be fantastic if so...

I do note the official site says United States Air Force, Navy, Army and Marine Corps...but the aircraft shown are only Air Force and Navy. Could be a typo...just seems odd...unless there is still more to come...


https://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2017/ ... rcraft.asp


Ah, well spotted. Odd place to put it though..would have thought it would be with the other aircraft on the military page...Anyhow, great news..

EDIT: On second thoughts, is listed as Boeing, rather than US Army. Perhaps it is a Boeing display rather than a US Army display?? Does not matter to me, as an Apache is an Apache..but maybe why it is placed there...rather than on the military page..
dougal_s
Member
Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Michael G » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:12 pm

Great to see the Raptor back and flying, and the good old faithful F-16. :D
Michael G
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 pm
Location: Hobart

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Cameron Reynolds » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:08 am

Michael G wrote:Great to see the Raptor back and flying, and the good old faithful F-16. :D


Im very happy to see them (F22A) we are getting 4 of them to Avalon thats going to be awesome
Boeing 737-400 - 737-700 737-800 767-300 -747-400 - 787-800 Dreamliner
Airbus A320-200
Warbirds CA25 Winjeel Nangchang CJ6
Cameron Reynolds
Member
Member
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Geelong Victoria

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby dougal_s » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:21 am

It will be great to see their (the F22s) arrival...With luck the 4 of them will do a formation circuit around Avalon before landing. They usually arrive with a bit of style...so hopefully they will again ...
dougal_s
Member
Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Cameron Reynolds » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:31 pm

RNZAF Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules is coming to avalon and Flying also Japan KC767 making a return but only static for Trade days only
Boeing 737-400 - 737-700 737-800 767-300 -747-400 - 787-800 Dreamliner
Airbus A320-200
Warbirds CA25 Winjeel Nangchang CJ6
Cameron Reynolds
Member
Member
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Geelong Victoria

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby dougal_s » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Cameron Reynolds wrote:RNZAF Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules is coming to avalon and Flying


The RNZAF C130 is a great display. Well worth seeing...
dougal_s
Member
Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Chris Thurtell » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:48 am

Cameron Reynolds wrote:RNZAF Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules is coming to avalon and Flying also Japan KC767 making a return but only static for Trade days only


No announcement yet for the herc?
User avatar
Chris Thurtell
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Cameron Reynolds » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:19 am

Chris Thurtell wrote:
Cameron Reynolds wrote:RNZAF Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules is coming to avalon and Flying also Japan KC767 making a return but only static for Trade days only


No announcement yet for the herc?


https://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2017/ ... rcraft.asp Scroll down to Foreign
Boeing 737-400 - 737-700 737-800 767-300 -747-400 - 787-800 Dreamliner
Airbus A320-200
Warbirds CA25 Winjeel Nangchang CJ6
Cameron Reynolds
Member
Member
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Geelong Victoria

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby dougal_s » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Saw this posted on another forum: http://www.australiandefence.com.au/new ... ce=dlvr.it

ADM understands that both AU-1 and AU-2, the first Australian F-35A JSFs, are planning on making their Avalon debut this year.
This of course is subject to availability, but it will be the first time locals will be able to see the jets up close on the static line.
...
Avalon this year will be a bonanza for plane spotters and aviation enthusiasts with a number of new RAAF platforms making their debut. This includes:
P-8A
C-27J Spartans
F-18G Growlers
EC135 helicopters for HATS
PC-21
F-model Chinooks (to be confirmed)


Hopefully true..
dougal_s
Member
Member
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Chris Thurtell » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:40 pm

Cameron Reynolds wrote:
Chris Thurtell wrote:
Cameron Reynolds wrote:RNZAF Lockheed Martin C-130H Hercules is coming to avalon and Flying also Japan KC767 making a return but only static for Trade days only


No announcement yet for the herc?


https://www.airshow.com.au/airshow2017/ ... rcraft.asp Scroll down to Foreign



Ahh missed that, ta
User avatar
Chris Thurtell
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:57 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Rowland B » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:42 pm

dougal_s wrote:Saw this posted on another forum: http://www.australiandefence.com.au/new ... ce=dlvr.it

ADM understands that both AU-1 and AU-2, the first Australian F-35A JSFs, are planning on making their Avalon debut this year.
This of course is subject to availability, but it will be the first time locals will be able to see the jets up close on the static line.
...
Avalon this year will be a bonanza for plane spotters and aviation enthusiasts with a number of new RAAF platforms making their debut. This includes:
P-8A
C-27J Spartans
F-18G Growlers
EC135 helicopters for HATS
PC-21
F-model Chinooks (to be confirmed)


Hopefully true..


Yes, this is the solid info I've had. Should be there. And maybe one more surprise.
Rowland B
New Member
New Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:26 am

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Cameron Reynolds » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Rowland B wrote:
dougal_s wrote:Saw this posted on another forum: http://www.australiandefence.com.au/new ... ce=dlvr.it

ADM understands that both AU-1 and AU-2, the first Australian F-35A JSFs, are planning on making their Avalon debut this year.
This of course is subject to availability, but it will be the first time locals will be able to see the jets up close on the static line.
...
Avalon this year will be a bonanza for plane spotters and aviation enthusiasts with a number of new RAAF platforms making their debut. This includes:
P-8A
C-27J Spartans
F-18G Growlers
EC135 helicopters for HATS
PC-21
F-model Chinooks (to be confirmed)


Hopefully true..


Yes, this is the solid info I've had. Should be there. And maybe one more surprise.

Yeah saw that and so many people have been sending it to me haha sounds good
Boeing 737-400 - 737-700 737-800 767-300 -747-400 - 787-800 Dreamliner
Airbus A320-200
Warbirds CA25 Winjeel Nangchang CJ6
Cameron Reynolds
Member
Member
 
Posts: 207
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:35 pm
Location: Geelong Victoria

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Michael G » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:36 am

An Avalon Airshow media release, issued yesterday, states there will be 14 US aircraft, the largest US contingent to ever participate in an Australian International Airshow.

I can count 11 aircraft:

F-22 (4)
F-16 (2)
C-17
B-1B
KC-135
P-8A
AH-64E Apache

Anyone know what the other 3 aircraft are?

Also, the media release states that "The United States is just one of seven overseas militaries that will be bringing aircraft to the event". I have seen USA, NZ, Singapore and Japan, which makes four. If you add in US Navy, US Army and US Marine Corps that does bring it to seven, although they are part of the United States.
Michael G
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 823
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:34 pm
Location: Hobart

Re: Avalon Airshow 2017

Postby Brian Wilkes » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:43 pm

Kiwi's

C130
757
User avatar
Brian Wilkes
Mega Poster
Mega Poster
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 8:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Melbourne

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


cron