MEL 29/10/17

Aircraft Information, Arrivals & Departures.

MEL 29/10/17

Postby Michael D » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi all,

There's been a couple of movements listed on the Melbourne airport PDF for 29/10/17 that have caught my attention. Firstly there's QF229/230 from/out to HKG operated by a 744, arriving at around 4am and leaving at 6am. Will this one actually happen, as the flight number doesn't really align with a charter, and nothing is shown on the QF website about it. Later on in the day there is a Suparna 744F operating from Shanghai, later departing at 9pm. This one seems to be listed every Sunday and Thursday from the 29th, is it a new flight?

Cheers,
Michael
Michael D

Re: MEL 29/10/17

Postby Stefan J Perkas » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:01 pm

Michael D wrote:Hi all,

There's been a couple of movements listed on the Melbourne airport PDF for 29/10/17 that have caught my attention. Firstly there's QF229/230 from/out to HKG operated by a 744, arriving at around 4am and leaving at 6am. Will this one actually happen, as the flight number doesn't really align with a charter, and nothing is shown on the QF website about it. Later on in the day there is a Suparna 744F operating from Shanghai, later departing at 9pm. This one seems to be listed every Sunday and Thursday from the 29th, is it a new flight?

Cheers,
Michael

The Surpena (Formally known as Yangtze River Express) have been listed before but never turned up. I beleive they want to start flights to Melbourne but either have not got approval or they opted to not to start. I guess time will tell but I think they are just proposed slots based on information igven to Melbourne airport.

I can't explain the QF flights from Hong Kong.
Stefan J Perkas
Prolific Member
Prolific Member

Re: MEL 29/10/17

Postby Michael D » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Thanks, Stefan. I had seen these listed before as well a while back, but then only two flights were listed. Now with every Thursday and Saturday that's added to the PDF a new Y8 flight is added, but as you say time will tell. Another peculiar entry for Sunday is QF96 being operated by a 789... not so sure about that one :lol:
Michael D

Return to Melbourne