Avalon Airshow 2019

Aircraft Information, Arrivals & Departures.

Re: Avalon Airshow 2019

Postby Brian Wilkes » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:14 pm

actually a disappointing looking show. (Just my opinion)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brian Wilkes
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mickk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:38 am

Michael G wrote:

Strange there is no Super Hornet flying in those programs. I was hoping the F-35 would be doing a solo display but can only see a flyover, maybe they are not display ready. Also B-52 only flying over on Friday. I was hoping both B-52’s would be at Avalon, with one flying on all days. But still looking forward to the show, and looks like it’s going to be very hot with 41 forecast for Saturday.

Tom Bennett who is somehow now in charge of PR said on 3AW yesterday that there would be "several" F35s flying. Take it with a grain of salt as his aircraft and airshow knowledge leaves a lot to be desired.
mickk

Postby Brian Wilkes » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 am

Bit worried about what the Airshow management said, that it was not to interested in getting certain aircraft back to Australia to perform as the OZ public has seen time and time again!

As for Civil stuff they said they don't go out and chase (ask I guess) company's like Airbus, Boeing etc etc to come over to showcase there new products.
And the spat the have with HARS is unforgiving!
Brian Wilkes
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby Michael G » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:49 pm

It’s good to have variety, however there are certain aircraft like the fast and loud stuff I would love to see every time and I think most people would be the same (you only have to look at how people rush to the fence when an F-16, F-18 etc is about to take off). I’ve been coming to the Airshow since 1995 and this would be the first year without an F-16. Didn’t know the organisers were having a spat with Hars, and Connie is always a crowd pleaser, so that’s disappointing if that’s the case.

Still looking forward to the Airshow though, and I’ll enjoy the program as coming from Tassie I rarely get to see anything like what will be on offer and I’ll make the most of the 3 days I spend there.

If the RAAF celebrate their 100th anniversary at Avalon in 2021 then I reckon we will get a few more airforces participate. When they had their 80th anniversary in 2001 there was some great aircraft from overseas.
Michael G

Postby Brian Wilkes » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:29 pm

Enjoy but be warned it's going to be HOT AND DUSTY!
Brian Wilkes
Mega Poster
Mega Poster

Postby mickk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 am

Its very intriguing to look at the host of companies and organisations that make up ASDU and how is changed over the years.
Somehow its become an RAAF showcase, pretty much hijacked or a MOA that I cant find.
SO if you take out the RAAF, whats left is what cost money and theres not a lot of it.

F35 F22 will be good but the rest is very lame. Far too many comparatively cheap single aerobatics this year. One pilot, single engine, very cheap displays.
There is live ATC here for the show its very good. https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29966
mickk

Previous

Return to Melbourne