Spotting Bali DPS

Aircraft Information, Arrivals & Departures.

Spotting Bali DPS

Postby Iain G » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:01 am

Has anyone done any photography at DPS recently and can give any advice re good places to go.Thanks
Iain G

Re: Spotting Bali DPS

Postby Jack Rhys Martin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 am

Just head down the beach towards the airport, trust me... You can get as close as ever, I have been literally what felt like 20m from an A330 standing right by the fence. Security sometimes tell you to move back to a rock wall slightly further back but that is still close enough for action. :)

Cheers.
Jack Rhys Martin

Postby Iain G » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 am

When were you there and what time can you shoot there re the sun position.Many thanks.
Iain G

Postby Jack Rhys Martin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:15 pm

It was around July 2012 I was there last, I would say anywhere from 3 o'clock onwards would be the best time for photos but I go whenever you can because you'll want to catch those CX 747's and the other traffic we don't see to much of down here oz. :)

Trust me, Bali will not disappoint.
Jack Rhys Martin

Postby Aaron B » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Hey Jack can you upload a couple of photos you took there please.

Thanks
Aaron B

Postby NigelP » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 am

Iain G wrote:Has anyone done any photography at DPS recently and can give any advice re good places to go.Thanks

Hi Iain, if they are landing the other way on 27, grab a moped (or taxiif you dont ride) and head around the Jalan Ngurah Rai By Pass, just after you pass the end of 27, there is a dive shop and restaurant. Head up to the roof top, grab a Nasi Goreng and Bintang and sit in relative comfort in the shade $5 should feed you for the day.

150-200mm lens will fit most things.

Being in the shade you can have hours of fun without being burnt to a crisp.
NigelP

Postby Iain G » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:37 am

That sounds good to me thanks.
Iain G

Postby Lachlan.G » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Been to spot at Bali many times and even walked from the tourist area of Bali out to the airport and it will be along the beach, just keep following it until you get to the airport. You can get real close there. It can get deafening though when your right against the fence and a plane pulls in the bay closest to you. I had an A320 from Jetstar taxi in right in front on me. Probably got photos somewhere but I can't remember where? But definitely go there. Also you can get close to the runway from the restaurant area in Jimbarin if I remember correctly? I think they will be opening a new terminal soon at DPS and they have made amazing progress so far! Can't wait for them to open it. The old terminal is getting quite worn out!
Lachlan.G

Postby Iain G » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Thanks fro the info.When were you last there??
Iain G

Return to Perth