ROYAL VISIT OCT11

Aircraft Information, Arrivals & Departures.

ROYAL VISIT OCT11

Postby Steve KM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Anyone here know the type of aircraft that the Queen and PP will be coming in on today? Their ETA is believed to be around 1800 AEDST at CBR. Is it an RAF flight or a chartered BA? Will this same plane be used to ferry them to BNE and PER?

I'm looking at my FlightRadar24 and it isn't showing any likely airborne tag which could be them.

Steve
Steve KM

Re: ROYAL VISIT OCT11

Postby Steve KM » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Just now on my radar BAW9101 coming in west of Griffith.
Steve KM

Postby ChrisH » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:25 pm

G-YMMP BA 777
ChrisH

Postby Peter Cokley » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:05 am

ChrisH wrote:G-YMMP BA 777

That shows as Boeing 777-236/ER.

Now the fun bit; I know the "ER" code on the end really stands for "Extended Range" but could it maybe stand for "Elizabeth Reigns"??
In the old days the post office letter boxes used to have "ER 11"** pointed on them to show it was "Royal Mail" and some planes had "Royal Mail" painted on them!!!!
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... rch=G-YMMP

** ER 11 = "Elizabeth the Second"
Peter Cokley

Postby Tim M » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:09 pm

Not just old days (since the 1500s!) - it is still the Royal Mail in the UK and government owned - here is a good aircraft royal mail livery!

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Royal-Ma ... -737-3Y0(F)/1213327/M/

Sorry to stray off topic!

Tim
Tim M
Tim M

Postby Steve KM » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:36 pm

I wonder if they have the same flight crew for the whole trip? I would guess they may fly an advanced crew ahead of time to SIN or some other half way stop, so the relief crew could take over. Either that or they have an extra three who have the space to sleep in rotation.
Steve KM

Postby Peter Cokley » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:11 am

[quote="Steve KM"I wonder if they have the same flight crew for the whole trip? I would guess they may fly an advanced crew ahead of time to SIN or some other half way stop, so the relief crew could take over. Either that or they have an extra three who have the space to sleep in rotation.[/quote]

Another forum confirmed the Singapore stop over. Do BA have a Singapore crew base thus they use one of of their senior Singapore based crews for the Australian sectors? A flow on question is what happens to the crew while the royals are not using the plane? Is the crew for the Brisbane leg the same?
Peter Cokley

Postby Steve KM » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:58 pm

A flow on question is what happens to the crew while the royals are not using the plane? Is the crew for the Brisbane leg the same?[/quote]

Not sure about what the crews are doing while they are not using the plane. I think the royals went CBR BNE CBR on a RAAF flight from 34 SQDN.

The CBR PER leg should be in the BA aircraft as they will head back to LON straight after she has opened CHOGM.
Steve KM

Postby Peter Cokley » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:57 pm

Steve KM wrote:A flow on question is what happens to the crew while the royals are not using the plane? Is the crew for the Brisbane leg the same?

Not sure about what the crews are doing while they are not using the plane. I think the royals went CBR BNE CBR on a RAAF flight from 34 SQDN.
The CBR PER leg should be in the BA aircraft as they will head back to LON straight after she has opened CHOGM.
[/quote]

More from other lists; the RAAF B737 did the trip into Perth.
Last edited by Peter Cokley on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Cokley

Postby Peter Cokley » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:39 am

A quick way I have been using to follow this topic is to watch television which show the plane the Queen uses. That confirmed the situation for me. The plane was all white with the Aussie flag near the door thus not the BA B777.

Steve KM wrote:A flow on question is what happens to the crew while the royals are not using the plane? Is the crew for the Brisbane leg the same?

[/quote]
Peter Cokley

Return to Other Cities, States & Territories