Plane Spotting At Sydney Terminal 2

Gatherings, Events, Off Topic, Etc Etc.

Plane Spotting At Sydney Terminal 2

Postby StuartC » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:57 pm

I will be flying into Terminal 2 next Friday on Jetstar but have a couple of hours free before I need to be in Sydney CBD so thought that I would do some plane spotting for a couple of hours. I have previously visited the Beach viewing area when I have had a car, but this time relying on public transport would make it difficult to get to especially since the 303 bus only runs hourly. I will only have cabin baggage with me so other than the viewing area at the Rydges, are there any areas in the T2 Jetstar concourse which provide decent views.
StuartC

Re: Plane Spotting At Sydney Terminal 2

Postby Michael G » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:16 pm

Hi Stuart, I'm not from Sydney, however when I've had some time to spare I find there are some spots in T2 between gates 49 to 59 where you can view arrivals/departures on the main runway (16R/34L), as well as see plenty of close ups of domestic movements to/from the terminals.

However, if you have a couple of hours I would recommend walking over to T3 and going to the Qantas Heritage Collection room (near gate 13), where there are excellent views of arrivals/departures on the main runway, as well as of domestic Qantas movements, and international aircraft down towards that end of the airport. This room is normally open between 9.30am and 4.30pm Mon to Fri, however is sometimes closed at other times when the room has been booked out for an event. Cheers, Michael
Michael G

Return to General Discussion