Post your rejection discussions here.

For the camera buffs.

Re: Post your rejection discussions here.

Postby Stephen Brown » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:15 am

Also on the rear cheat line and the leading edges of the wings and tail.
Stephen Brown

Postby Tom A. » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:57 am

Stephen Brown wrote:Also on the rear cheat line and the leading edges of the wings and tail.

How am i suppose to fix that?, considering even if i dont sharpen it at all it ends up like that - is their some trick, because i use PS CS4 to compress it which should be fine, but when i upload to the site it comes out softer and their are jaggles.
Tom A.

Postby Stephen Brown » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:42 pm

When you resize and your getting jaggies it probably means that the resampling your using isn't correct. CS4 should re-sample correctly and not introduce jaggies.

There is also a procedure called selective sharpening that you can do with CS4. Go to the JP digital photography forums and do a search, there are numerous posts on the subject
Stephen Brown

Postby Tom A. » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:06 am

This was a good one. Unlevel apparently :lol:
Reason(s) For Rejection:
- Horizon unlevel
Your appeal for photo id 2955065 has been processed and has been rejected.
Admin Comments >> the vertical lines in the background are unlevel

Perhaps i should make the vertical lines level - but hold on it would get rejected because the aircraft is unlevel.
Tom A.

Postby Robert Frola » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:09 pm

I had received the following rejection on this picture

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3272181

Reason, horizon unlevel

But when I examined my photo in photoshop, all the verticals appear to be correct. I zoomed in quite closely. They are not leaning either left or right, with the exception of a couple of power polls, which is a normal sight out in the countryside.

When I appealed the response was still the same. Leaning to the right.

What are your thoughts on this?
Robert Frola

Postby NathanBartlett » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:14 pm

hmmm i henestly think their monitor must be on lean! :mrgreen: to me its looks good!
NathanBartlett

Postby Robert Frola » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:19 pm

NathanBartlett wrote:hmmm i henestly think their monitor must be on lean! :mrgreen: to me its looks good!

My thoughts exactly, but try explaining that to them. They simply don't listen to you. They're right and your wrong. I'll probably re-submit it after it disappears from their rejection list in 14 days or so.

Robert
Robert Frola

Postby Tom A. » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:34 pm

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3599644

Not sure why this got rejected, i can't see any serious over sharpening. The top of the tail perhaps has some hardly noticeable jaggies, but no more than any other picture on the database. If it was noticeable i wouldn't have sharpened that bit.

I seem to be having a recent run of bad screening decisions as well, i can't see how this is over exposed http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3595657, it looks perfectly fine to me.
Tom A.

Postby MichaelC » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:54 pm

Tom A. wrote:http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3599644

Not sure why this got rejected, i can't see any serious over sharpening. The top of the tail perhaps has some hardly noticeable jaggies, but no more than any other picture on the database. If it was noticeable i wouldn't have sharpened that bit.

I seem to be having a recent run of bad screening decisions as well, i can't see how this is over exposed http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=3595657, it looks perfectly fine to me.

Hi Tom, in regards to the F100, its just a bit over-sharp, I can some "jaggies" on the Alliance titles, also remember when there are many photos of a particular aircraft (assuming you posted on airliners.net?) than the standards are raised considerably - FWH has 52 other photos on airliners, so that could also be why.

In regards to the Q400, it is just a little over exposed - a few questions:
1) What kind of camera/lens combo are you using, are you shooting in RAW?
2) What software to process?
3) And is your monitor calibrated?

I use a Canon DSLR, and I find that sometimes my Qantas (and now Virgin! - white) shots against the sky come out just like this one, I usually dial in -1/3 EV, or shoot in RAW and edit in Photoshop later.

Regards,
Michael
MichaelC

Postby Tom A. » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:48 pm

1) What kind of camera/lens combo are you using, are you shooting in RAW? - I use a 7D with EF 70-300mm IS USM, not shooting RAW (if i did it would take many terabytes of space)
2) What software to process? - Photoshop CS5 sharpen filter
3) And is your monitor calibrated? - Monitor is not calibrated but is very new and on standard settings so i doubt that would be an issue
Tom A.

Postby Robbie Mathieson » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:25 pm

Thankfully not a rejection, but I've finally managed to get a photo accepted on JP.net. :D To be honest, I don't think this is the greatest photo ever, and was quite surprised when it got accepted. Even made it on the front page for a while yesterday :o

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7446439
Robbie Mathieson

Postby Lukas M » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Flight deck, wing views always usually rate well on JP. Nice shot. :D
Lukas M

Postby Michael D » Sun May 19, 2013 7:14 pm

I'm pretty new to aviation photography, and indeed photography in general. Anyway a while back a friend from Texas was showing me some spotting photos. He said that this particular example was over sharpened. What does that actually mean, and how is that image over sharpened?
Michael D

Postby Brock L » Sun May 19, 2013 7:48 pm

M Demura wrote:What does that actually mean, and how is that image over sharpened?

It means that the photo has been sharpened too much so that jagged lines appear in the subject. You can get some speckle/noise as well in low light parts, such as under the wing of this photo. They usually appear on the linear aspects of the photo; in this case, it's the blue/white border of the "Atlas" titles and the nose gear doors. It doesn't look too bad though from my screen.
Photos

JetPhotos.net (1024 Photos)

Next Flights

30 Nov: JQ239 OOL-AKL (A320)
10 Dec: JQ238 AKL-OOL (A320)
Brock L

Postby Michael D » Sun May 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Brock L wrote:
M Demura wrote:What does that actually mean, and how is that image over sharpened?

It means that the photo has been sharpened too much so that jagged lines appear in the subject. You can get some speckle/noise as well in low light parts, such as under the wing of this photo. They usually appear on the linear aspects of the photo; in this case, it's the blue/white border of the "Atlas" titles and the nose gear doors. It doesn't look too bad though from my screen.

Thanks, very helpful answer.
Michael D

Previous

Return to Aviation Photography