MY MODEL AIRPORT! (PICTURES)

For the sim fans and hobbyist.

MY MODEL AIRPORT! (PICTURES)

Postby Jack Rhys Martin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 pm

Hey guys.

This is my model airport I have been making for the past three weeks, well... It's more of a model standoff bay but oh well! ;)

PRICING -

$138.20 = 5X narrow body aircraft + shipping from 'eztoys.com'
$26.00 = A1 size high photo paper printed with airport foils custom made from google earth from 'Officeworks'.
$5.00 = MDF wood (cannot remember exact dimensions) same size as A1 photo paper from 'Bunnings'.

NOTE* I still need to purchase some decent 1:400 scale ground service equipment, hobby grass as well as make some taxiway signs to complete the setup.

Cheers, Jack. :)
Jack Rhys Martin

Re: MY MODEL AIRPORT! (PICTURES)

Postby Simon M » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:13 am

That is a great idea using a print out of Google maps for the ground. I'd have never thought of that.
Simon M

Re: MY MODEL AIRPORT! (PICTURES)

Postby Jack Rhys Martin » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:11 pm

If only it was that easy though :/ First of all you have to determine your location by finding a high resolution area to begin with such as LAX, LHR, AMS, NRT etc. Then get the the right eye altitude for your scale (which you will never get perfect). Then take a series of images spanning the area you wish to use. Thennnnn, place them all into a large photoshop document having them spaced perfectly to connect each image. Then crop it to your desired size. Remove all the aircraft / shadows / ground equipment and edit the picture to look a tad more realistic e.g. contrast, saturation etc. While doing all that you have to keep in mind your allocated space to use once printed - length x width.

But overall the work paid off, I just made a new one which will now fit 11 / 12 narrow bodys with some 757 bays for the medium haul american workhorse ;)
Jack Rhys Martin

Return to Aviation Gaming & Hobbies